WP-Optimize Premium is an effective tool for automatically cleaning your WordPress database so that it runs at maximum efficiency.
- Removes all unnecessary data (e.g. trashed/unapproved/spam comments, stale data) plus pingbacks, trackbacks and expired transient options
- Compact/de-fragment MySQL tables with a button-press
- Detailed control of which optimizations you wish to carry out
- Carries out automatic weekly (or otherwise) clean-ups
- Retains a set number of weeks’ data during clean-ups
- Performs optimizations without the need for running manual queries
- Automatically trigger a pre-optimize backup via UpdraftPlus
- Show database statistics and potential savings
- Mobile friendly and easy-to-use
- Translated into several languages
- More planned!
WP-OPTIMIZE HELPS YOU TO:
- Make space: When you edit a post or page on your website, WordPress automatically saves the new revision to the database. If you edit things a few times (and particularly if the post is long), your database soon gets clogged up with old revisions that just sit there, taking up valuable space. WP-Optimize removes these unnecessary post revisions, freeing up valuable Megabytes of data and increasing speed and efficiency. It also cleans up your comments table, removing all the spam and un-approved comments that have built up with a single click.
- Take control: WP-Optimize reports on exactly which of your database tables have overhead and wasted space, giving you the insight, control and power to keep your website neat, fast and efficient.
- Keep it clean: Once enabled, WP-Optimize can run an automatic clean-up on a schedule, keeping a selected number of weeks’ data, according to your specification.
When you use this plugin for the first time or just updated to major version, make a backup of your database (we recommend UpdraftPlus). Though none of the queries used are dangerous, it is always the best practice to make a database backup before altering your database.
HOW THIS COULD HELP YOU?
- The tables in MySQL (the database that WordPress uses) will, over time, become inefficient as data is added, removed, moved around. Asking MySQL to optimize its tables every now and again will keep your site running as fast as possible. It won’t happen by itself.
- Every-time you save a new post or pages, WordPress creates a revision of that post or page. If you edit a post 6 times you might have 5 copy of that post as revisions. This quickly adds lots of rarely-used data to your database tables, making them unnecessarily bloated, and slower to access.
- Similar to the scenario described above, there might be thousands of spam and un-approved comments in your comments table, WP-Optimize can clean and remove those in a single click.
- WP-Optimize reports which database tables have overhead and wasted spaces also it allows you to shrink and get rid of those wasted spaces.
- Automatically cleans database every week and respects the “Keeps selected number of weeks data” option.
Our free version of WP-Optimize is great, but we also have a more powerful Premium version with extra features that offer the ultimate in freedom and flexibility: Multisite Support: extends database optimisations so they function for multiple WordPress sites at a time. If you manage more than one website, you will need WP-Optimize Premium. Flexibility and Control: gives you the power to optimize select individual tables or a particular combination of tables on one or more WordPress websites, rather than having to optimize all database tables. Image Optimization: removes orphaned images from your WordPress site, plus images of a certain, pre-defined size.
Sophisticated Scheduling: offers a wide range of options for scheduling automatic optimization. Specify an exact time and run clean-ups daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly and perform any number of aditional one off optimizations. Seamless Graphical User Interface: for superb clarity in scheduling and managing of multi-site optimizations.
WP-CLI support: provides a way to manage optimizations from command-line interface.
Lazy Loading: lazy loading is the technique of only loading parts of a web-page when it is visible to the user.
Optimization Preview: gives users the ability to preview, select and remove data and records available for optimization from the database.